Counseling and Student Personnel
- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Master of Science
- Credits: 50
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
- Professional School Counseling K-12, Credits: 24
- Mental Health Counseling, Credits: 39
- College Student Affairs, Credits: 24
About this Program
In our society, the need for professional counselors in schools, colleges, and social agencies is increasing. The professional counselor is a product of an intensive graduate program which specifically prepares students to take their places in this expanding occupation. The staff of this nationally accredited program is dedicated to offering three challenging specialization areas. The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the American Counseling Association and the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation (COPA), has conferred national accreditation to the following program areas in the Department of Counseling and Student Personnel: Professional School Counseling, and Student Affairs Practice in Higher Education.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002