- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Social Work Program has a defined, progressive, sequential curriculum. We build a strong foundation and structure student progress through a planned program. A firm grounding in liberal arts anchors the major. Social Work students must be able to access information, reason clearly, write persuasively, and speak effectively. The curriculum requirements include content on social work values and ethics, diversity, social and economic justice, populations-at-risk, human behavior and the social environment, social welfare policy and services, social work practice, and research. Students complete a pre-professional internship of 150 hours plus a professional practicum experience of 440 hours.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002