- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
- Local Community and Human Services, Credits: 15
- International Community and Human Services, Credits: 15
- Business/Corporate, Credits: 15
- Public/Government, Credits: 15
- Optional or Other Extended Program Courses, Credits: 15
About this Program
The Department of Ethnic Studies (ES) is an interdisciplinary program that is academically committed to promoting multicultural and ethnic knowledge, skills and values found both within and outside the United States, and to preparing our students for effective advocacy and practice across the culturally diverse global community. The major in ethnic studies exposes students to those historical, economic, social and political forces that have contoured the crosscultural and ethnic experience within and outside the United States. This program prepares the students to cope with social injustice (e.g., racism, discrimination, social conflict) effectively and also provides students with multicultural/ethnic knowledge, multicultural/ethnic values and skills (e.g., cultural competency skills and other professional skills) so that ES majors will be academically strong and competitive in the job market. ES majors must take both ES core courses and skill-oriented or applied courses that focus on one of the following areas: Governmental/Public Area, Business/Corporate Area, Community/Human Services Area, and Extended Program courses.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002