- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Master of Social Work
- Credits: 59
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Master of Social Work (MSW) is an a professional graduate degree that prepares people to work as professional social workers in a wide range of public and private social service agencies, in health care and public schools, with clients ranging from infants to senior citizens, from agencies to communities, and with challenges such as poverty, mental illness, disabilities, health problems, chemical dependency, abuse, and many others. MSWs work directly with clients in direct practice capacities, serve as program directors, supervisors, agency administrators, and also work in applied research and social welfare policy areas. Students should look for a program that is accredited or in the process of becoming accredited so that they are eligible for professional licensure when they complete there degree.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002