- College/University: Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Exercise Science major prepares students for careers in fitness, exercise science, wellness and health. Students learn to administer health appraisals and fitness assessments; understand exercise techniques; and design exercise programs for healthy adults, athletes and special populations. The exercise science program provides students with the educational experience to develop aerobic, anaerobic and resistance training programs to enhance cardiorespiratory endurance, body composition, strength, power, speed, agility and flexibility. One of the goals of the Exercise Science program is to prepare student for certification exams by nationally recognized health, fitness, sports performance and sports medicine organizations such as the National Academy of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association, American College of Sports Medicine and American Council on Exercise. A four-year degree is required to qualify for advanced health and fitness certifications.
- Minnesota State University Moorhead 56563