Education Specialist: Superintendent
- College/University: Winona State University
- Award: Specialist
- Credits: 45
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares teachers to become educational leaders. The Master of Science degree, requiring courses in educational administration and related areas, allows two areas of emphasis: elementary and secondary. The Specialist degree requires work beyond the Master's degree and qualifies students for licensure as a principal or superintendent in Minnesota, depending upon their area of emphasis in study. The Master's degree is sufficient to qualify individuals for the principalship in states other than Minnesota. All programs require completion of a practicum or an internship unless the individual has had three years of licensed administrative experience. Although entry to the programs does not require previous teaching experience, administrative licensure in Minnesota requires three years of elementary or secondary teaching experience.
- Winona State University 55987
- University Center Rochester Campus 55904