- College/University: Metropolitan State University
- Award: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Credits: 80
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program is for RNs with a Baccalaureate degree in nursing who wish to expand their practice to include the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) role of the Family Nurse Practitioner. The BSN to DNP track is 80 credits and nine semesters long at full-time progression (a part-time study option is not available at this time). Four semesters of clinical rotations include primary care across the lifespan. Students accumulate at least 1,000 hours of experience through clinical practicum and scholarship work.
- Metropolitan State University, St Paul Campus 55106