- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 40
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- WIOA Certified
About this Program
A medical transcriptionist is a medical language specialist who prepares a variety of medical reports and documents for inclusion in patient medical records. Medical transcriptionists must possess a vast knowledge of the medical field and its associated terminology, as well as a high degree of computer and written communication skills. All courses in the program incorporate the skills needed for employment as a medical transcriptionist and are derived from the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity Model Curriculum competencies. Graduates of this program will be eligible to write the national exam for registered medical transcriptionists.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560