Medical Lab Technology
- College/University: North Hennepin Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares individuals for a career as a Medical Laboratory Technician-Clinical Laboratory Technician (MLT-CLT). It is jointly sponsored by North Hennepin Community College and Allina Laboratories-Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Mercy Hospital, United Hospital and Unity Hospital. Medical Laboratory Technicians work as members of the health care team, where they perform laboratory procedures which aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Medical Laboratory Technician performs routine laboratory tests in blood bank, chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, and urinalysis through the use of microscopes, chemical reagents, clinical instruments, and computer systems.
- North Hennepin Community College 55445