Vacuum and Thin Film Technology
- College/University: Normandale Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Vacuum and Thin Film Technology program prepares a student to work as a technician in industries which rely on vacuum-based processes to create and manufacture products. Employment opportunities span a variety of industries such as semiconductor, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), glass, optics, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), solar cells, vacuum-based equipment and other industries which use thin film coating processes. The duties of a technician include building, validating, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting vacuum-based equipment as well as providing advice on the use of this equipment and the processes supported by this technology. Positions may include responsibilities associated with research and design, operations, quality control, technical writing, or technical sales.
- Normandale Community College 55431