Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- College/University: Inver Hills Community College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 14
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Designed to provide expanded depth and breadth of education for students who have completed an Emergency Medical Technician course, this course prepares students for certification as an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT). The AEMT provides basic and limited advanced medical care to ill and injured patients above the scope of the EMT. Program curriculum includes pathophysiology of medical and traumatic conditions, critical thinking skills, some advanced airway management, basic pharmacology, incident operations, intravenous therapy and fluid administration along with field and hospital experiences. Curriculum in this certificate may be applied toward the Paramedic Certificate or AS degree.
- Inver Hills Community College 55076
- Saint Paul Fire Department Station 51 55102