- College/University: Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Visualization focuses on the systematic study of map-making and the application of mathematical, computer, and other techniques to the science of mapping geographic information. Knowledge of GIS provides students with an excellent addition to their workforce skills, especially in the areas of natural resources and conservation, law enforcement, transportation, health, and public safety/city planning. It includes instruction in cartographic theory and map projections, computer-assisted cartography, map design and layout, photogrammetry, air photo interpretation, remote sensing, cartographic editing, and applications to specific industrial, commercial, research, and governmental mapping problems.
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College 55720