Early Childhood Development
- College/University: Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
These program options prepare students for employment in a variety of early child care and education settings. Courses meet Minnesota Department of Human Services educational requirements for assistant teachers and teachers in licensed child care and preschool settings, before/after-school programs, as a family child care program provider as well as paraprofessional/aides/assistant teacher requirements in Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) in school districts. Students learn about child growth and development, positive child guidance, working with diverse families and professionals, nutrition, health and safety, cultural sensitivity and anti-bias education practices, and strategies for developing curriculum that promotes learning in young children with differing needs.
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College 55720
- Mille Lacs Headstart, Onamia 56359