- College/University: Anoka Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 66
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Welding AAS integrates theory with technical skills. Through the rigorous curriculum students will develop fundamental knowledge of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Oxygen Acetylene Welding (OFW) processes. Blueprint and math ability are also incorporated in the coursework. This program will give a basic understanding of pipe welding and layout, and include instruction in weld code operation. In addition, metal comprehension, industry safety practices and related equipment applications will be addressed.
- Anoka Technical College 55303