Medical Administrative Specialist
- College/University: Anoka Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
In the fast-growing healthcare field, the medical administrative assistant functions in physicians' offices, health clinics, outpatient facilities, medical laboratories, hospitals, health insurance companies, medical supplies and equipment businesses, and pharmaceutical companies. Job duties/skills may include the following: transcribing medical documents/reports, composing and processing correspondence, accounting payments and posting charges, coding of diagnoses and procedures, processing insurance claims, coordinating patient care, scheduling patient appointments, recording and relaying messages, maintaining various financial records, maintaining patient files, making calls for physicians and other healthcare personnel, arranging hospital admissions, scheduling surgeries, using automated record system to access, enter and edit patient information, arranging physicians' meeting and conferences.
- Anoka Technical College 55303