Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
- College/University: Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Speech-Language Pathology Assistants (SLPAs) are trained to work under the supervision of licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologists, helping both children and adults with communication disorders to improve their speech and language skills. Under the supervision and direction of the Speech-Language Pathologist, SLPAs may assist with speech-language screenings, implement ongoing treatment and therapy plans, document client progress, and assist the SLP during assessment and treatment.
- Alexandria Technical and Community College 56308