Mechanical Drafting, Design and Engineering Technology
- College/University: Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program is designed for persons who desire both theoretical and practical experience in the mechanical design fields. Major areas of instruction during the first year include mechanical drafting, technical and college mathematics, industrial materials and processes, metallurgy, physics, machine shop practices, and machinery and equipment layout. In the second year, emphasis is on more in-depth instruction in mechanical design areas. These areas include mechanical design, statics, strength of materials, mechanics, jig and fixture design, geometric tolerancing, and automation. CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) is emphasized both years. A laptop computer, leased from the college, is required.
- Alexandria Technical and Community College 56308