- College/University: Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 75
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Diesel Mechanics program is designed to teach the student in the areas of construction equipment, agriculture equipment, and truck repair and maintenance. The classroom and lab portions of the program instruct students in theory, work procedures, technical skills, safety, and required related skills. Equipment from brand names such as Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Case IH, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, John Deere, Eaton, Meritor, and others are studied. The college has formed industry partnerships which offer student scholarship and sponsorship opportunities.
- Alexandria Technical and Community College 56308