Emergency Room Technician
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 24
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Emergency Room Technician (ER Tech) Certification prepares you to be part of the health care team in an Emergency Department (ED) or Urgent Care setting. This certificate will enhances your job opportunities because of the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom plus the supervised internship in a metro hospital Emergency Department. Some of the courses and skills taught are EMT, administering a 12 lead EKG test, venipuncture techniques (blood drawing), splinting and casting, urinary catheterization, wound cleaning, IV set-up and proper lifting techniques. Successful passing of Nursing Assistant written and skills tests are required.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347