Pneumatic Engineering Technician
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Pneumatic Engineering Technicians are responsible for building and modifying pneumatic systems utilized in the fluid power industry. Pneumatic Engineering Technicians calculate pneumatic system parameters, design circuits, evaluate operating systems and recommend changes for maximum efficiency. This program will focus on pneumatic component repair and testing, industrial electricity, programmable logic controls, circuit design and system engineering design. Emphasis will be placed on computer-aided circuit construction and software programming of automated systems. Individuals that enjoy working with their hands as well as their minds and have a high mechanical aptitude should consider this program. Pneumatic Engineering Technicians must be able to read various fluid power schematics, determine adjustments to improve system efficiency and recommend circuit changes. Pneumatic Engineering Technicians test pneumatic components and systems, document changes and build new systems.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347