General Construction Laborer
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 17
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
General construction laborers perform a wide variety of activities during all phases of construction. They assist carpenters and other specialized contractors in framing, roofing, and interior and exterior finishing during the building and/or remodeling of residential and commercial structures. They read blueprints, sketches and specifications for information pertaining to dimensions, types of materials required and standards of work. General construction laborers work with a variety of hand tools, power tools and equipment. They work in a variety of physically demanding situations including weather extremes, heights and enclosed areas.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347