- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The ASHP accredited pharmacy technology program prepares graduates for entry level careers working under the direction of registered pharmacists in retail, clinic, and hospital settings. Pharmacy technicians play an integral role in assisting pharmacists with prescription processing. The pharmacy technician complies with standard written procedures and guidelines under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians assist the pharmacist with medication preparation and administrative duties and provide front-line customer service in the pharmacy setting. Graduates are prepared for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam, which is necessary for certification.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347