Architectural Construction Technology
- College/University: St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 61
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program is designed to prepare students for employment in the residential and light commercial construction industry. The objective of the program is to give students a well-rounded, basic construction background, along with CAD (computer aided drafting) skills. The program includes designing and drawing 2 and 3 dimensional plans for residential and small commercial buildings, using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit Architecture and SketchUp software. Construction technology, materials, design, blueprint reading and estimating are studied in addition to drafting techniques. The laptop computer format of the program allows students to work on drafting and design projects in a lab setting as well as off-site.
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College 56303