- College/University: St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares students to perform initial medical diagnosis, treatment, and comprehensive care in medical crises, under the general supervision of a coordinating physician. Includes instruction in all aspects of basic health care; disease, disorder, and injury symptomology and diagnosis; emergency medical treatment procedures for various injuries and disease outbreaks; basic pharmacology; anesthetics; intravenous and other drug administration procedures; obstetrics procedures; basic surgical techniques; emergency medical equipment operation and maintenance; special are of patients exposed to heat, cold, radiation, or contagious disease; and administrative aspects of emergency medicine. Programs may include emergency vehicle operation and patient transportation procedures, depending on level of training.
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College 56303