Heavy Duty Truck Technology
- College/University: Dakota County Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Students learn all aspects of heavy duty truck repair and maintenance. The program focuses on large trucks, typically class 7 and 8. Areas of instruction include electrical and electronic systems, steering/alignment, foundation brakes, air brakes and anti-lock brake systems. Students perform diesel engine troubleshooting, overhauls and tune-ups on both mechanical and electronic engines. Clutch, transmission, drive axle repair and overhaul are taught along with welding instruction and preventive maintenance. Students will be given the opportunity to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL) and become a State of Minnesota certified commercial vehicle inspector.
- Dakota County Technical College 55068