- College/University: Dakota County Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Dental Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. It prepares students for employment in dentistry. Students study ways to control/prevent dental disease, as well as ways to teach patients preventive care. Students are trained to expose/process dental X-rays and perform chairside skills and expanded functions delegated by the State Board of Dentistry. Learning is accomplished in on-campus classrooms and labs, and dental clinics in the metro area. Graduates are eligible to write the Dental Assisting National Board Certification exam and the Minnesota Registration exam.
- Dakota County Technical College 55068