Applied Visual Arts
- College/University: Dakota County Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares students for careers in commercial art and design. A unique combination of courses offers training in the traditional techniques of drawing and painting with digital art techniques using computer graphics programs. The coursework trains students in the design process to explore, plan, design and produce visual solutions to communications problems. A foundation in art techniques, design principles, creative problem solving, concept development, illustration, typography and layout are established. Students will gain the skills necessary for an entry-level position in the commercial art field and will have employment opportunities in a number of related industries, including marketing, publishing, advertising and animation.
- Dakota County Technical College 55068