- College/University: Dakota County Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares students for careers in nanobiotech, nanomaterials and nanoelectronics industries. The program also provides a strong foundation applicable to environmental, energy and agricultural industries. The curriculum is a combination of classroom and laboratory experiences, with hands on use of nanoscale equipment in all 4 semesters. Students have several opportunities for individual research and exploration of nanoscale concepts. Offered in partnership with the University of Minnesota, the program provides skills and knowledge required for employment in a large number of companies. The DCTC program also provides a starting point to four year degrees at multiple institutions in many degree programs. Processes of scientific inquiry, experiment and research design, critical thinking, and communication are aspects that are woven into each course.
- Dakota County Technical College 55068