Child Life Assistant
- College/University: Dakota County Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares students for employment in a variety of early childhood settings. Courses meet Minnesota Department of Human Services educational requirements for assistant teachers and teachers in a child care setting. Students learn about child development, guidance, professional relationships, nutrition, health and safety, cultural sensitivity and techniques for promoting learning in young children. Child life assistants are part of the team responsible for supporting children and families through health care experiences and helping them effectively cope by using developmental play and normalized activities in their environment.
- Dakota County Technical College 55068