Child Care and Education
- College/University: Northwest Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Child care is the third largest industry in the State of Minnesota; there are more than 30,000 child care providers, more than there are elementary school teachers, or employees in legal services, business services, or health insurance. The importance of high quality early care education isbecoming more widely recognized within the private and business sectors, resulting in an increasing demand for professional child care providers. The program meets requirements for Teacher/Assistant Teacher as specified by Minnesota Department of Human Services Rules 9502 and 9503. Additional work experience may be required for teacher positions in licensed child care centers.
- Northwest Technical College, Bemidji 56601