- College/University: Northwest Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The dental assisting program provides knowledge necessary for the dental assistant to assist in performing dental hygiene, general clinical assisting and support functions, intra-oral clinical procedures, business office procedures and laboratory tasks. The curriculum includes content in general studies; biomedical, dental and clinical sciences; clinical practice; and additional intra-oral clinical functions. Certain biomedical and dental science courses offered in the curriculum will transfer to both dental assisting and dental hygiene majors if you wish to continue your dental education. Graduates are eligible to write the Dental Assisting National Board Certification Exam and the Minnesota State Dental Assisting Licensure Exam.
- Northwest Technical College, Bemidji 56601