- College/University: Central Lakes College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Many accountants work in certified public accounting firms that perform tax and auditing services, but the majority work as management or �private� accountants. The role of the accounting and/or finance department has expanded greatly. Accountants and healthcare accountants help organizations make informed decisions by preparing and analyzing a variety of financial and non-financial information. They help management safeguard and control the assets of the business and ensure the transactions and records of the business comply with applicable laws. Accounting and finance staff are critical in the fight to cut waste and fraud, analyzing revenue cycle data to identify new or additional revenue sources, and ensuring timely, relevant data is provided when business decisions are being made. Accountants use specialized accounting and finance software; in small businesses the accountant is often the computer expert.
- Central Lakes College, Brainerd 56401