Auto Service Technology
- College/University: Lake Superior College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
In the Automotive Service Technology programs, students will have the opportunity to learn skills to prepare for entry-level positions as automotive technicians. These skills will also be helpful in preparing for A.S.E. (Automotive Service Excellence) certification. Courses of instruction cover all systems of the automobile, including basic operation and parts identification with the objective of developing diagnositic skills. Automotive service technicians, in addition to enjoying working with their hands, must also have the ability to systematically diagnose technical automotive problems. The A.A.S. program is similar in content to the diploma program, but also includes 18-credits of liberal arts education which are intended to diversify the student's training and enhance transfer opportunities to other institutions of higher learning.
- Lake Superior College 55811