Building Construction Technology
- College/University: Lake Superior College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Building Construction Technology program prepares students to build and repair structures to comply with existing codes. Students learn to read blueprints, sketches, and specifications for information pertaining to dimensions, type of materials required, and stardards of work. Experience is gained working with a variety of hand tools, power tools, and construction equipment. Skills learned in the program include wood and metal framing, concrete forming, remodeling, and interior and exterior finishing of residential and commercial buildings. The courses in the second year of the program are offered at an off-campus building site. the second year students build a residential structure from the initial site layout through all the construction phases to the final finish work. An 18-credit liberal education component diversifies the student's training and enhances transfer opportunities to other institutions.
- Lake Superior College 55811