- College/University: Rochester Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares individuals to assist the surgical team in the operating room delivering patient care before, during and after surgery. Instruction includes body structure and function, microbiology, medications for surgery, medical terminology, principles and practices of aseptic technique, surgical specialties, and clinical experience and internship. After many hours of simulated experience in a lab, students will obtain clinical experience at Saint Mary's Hospital and area hospitals.
- Rochester Community and Technical College 55904