Healthcare Office Professional
- College/University: Rochester Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares students for employment in healthcare office environments. Employment opportunities may include medical administrative assistants, receptionists, appointment coordinators, medical transcriptionists, medical scribes, medical editors, medical secretary, and healthcare documentation specialists. Healthcare office professionals may provide support to patients, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and surgeons in hospitals, clinics, or medical offices. Extensive training is provided in medical terminology, healthcare documentation, and office technology and fundamentals. Students will learn how diseases affect the body and which medications and other treatments are used to treat illnesses.
- Rochester Community and Technical College 55904