Mold Making Technician
- College/University: Ridgewater College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 67
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Mold Making Technician students spend the first year learning basic shop safety and machining fundamentals as well as honing their math skills and precision measuring techniques. Blue print reading is also stressed in a student�s first year. In the second year, students specialize in advanced machining, tool room techniques, and mold making as well as study and practice manual and computer assisted programming with emphasis placed on computer aided manufacturing (CAM) software. Students will design and build an injection mold. They will then set up the injection molding machine using their mold to create plastic parts.
- Ridgewater College, Hutchinson 55350