Medical Laboratory Technician
- College/University: South Central College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 65
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Medical Laboratory Technician curriculum includes a combination of general education and support courses, online lectures, face-to-face student laboratory sessions, and placement of students in a hospital or clinic internship experience. The program is considered a "hybrid" program because there are required face-to face student laboratory sessions in which a student must physically be present on one of South Central College's two campuses in order to fulfill the requirements of the student laboratory sessions. Lab work is conducted under the supervision of a certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist. The experience allows the student to apply knowledge learned in the didactic phase in an employment-like setting. Students rotate through all areas of the clinical laboratory gaining experience and practice in basic clinical laboratory techniques, procedures, and phlebotomy.
- South Central College, Mankato 56003
- South Central College, Faribault 55021