- College/University: Hibbing Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
A program that prepares individuals to provide patient care, take dental radiographs (x-ray photographs), prepare patients and equipment for dental procedures, and discharge office administrative functions under the supervision of dentists and dental hygienists. Includes instruction in medical record-keeping, general office duties, reception and patient intake, scheduling, equipment maintenance and sterilization, basic radiography, pre- and post-operative patient care and instruction, chairside assisting, taking tooth and mouth impressions, and supervised practice. After successfully completing the program, students are eligible to take the National Chair-side Assisting certification exam and the Minnesota Registration exam.--- LENGTH OF PROGRAM: Diploma - 40 credits; A.A.S. - 60 credits
- Hibbing Community College 55746