- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
- Pre-Physical Therapy, Credits: 37
- General Exercise Science, Credits: 25
About this Program
The undergraduate Exercise Science major is designed to prepare a student for a career in exercise programming and supervision for individuals or groups across the lifespan. It does not require a minor area of study, however, many students choose to pursue minors in related areas such as biology, chemistry, business, food and nutrition, or health sciences. A wide range of electives are included allowing students to prepare for a variety of careers or graduate programs in Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Cardiac Rehabilitation, or Sports Psychology. Students who wish to prepare for admittance to professional programs such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, medical school, or physician's assistant, may choose to complete the requirements for the appropriate pre-professional program of study in conjunction with this program. The Exercise Science major prepares students to take two major certification examinations. The first is either the Health Fitness Instructor (HFI) or Personal Training certification offered through the American College of Sports Medicine or the National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS) or Personal Trainer.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002