Minnesota State is making a difference. From the students we serve, to our business partners, to those we employ, chances are good you or someone you know has benefited from the work of your state colleges and universities.
- Minnesota State is the third largest system of state colleges and universities in the United States and the largest in the state with 26 colleges, 7 universities, and 54 campuses
- We serve 300,000 students each year, with more Black and Indigenous students, as well as students of color, attending our colleges and universities than all other higher education providers in Minnesota combined
- We offer the lowest tuition in Minnesota, with 62% of our college students and 70% of our university students receiving financial aid
- We employ more than 14,400 dedicated faculty and staff focused on student success
- We provide 4,023 academic programs, including 893 fully online programs
- We have more than 9,950 customized and specialized training, occupational, and professional classes
- We award more than 36,000+ degrees, certificates, and diplomas annually
- 63% of Minnesota resident students who are pursuing an undergraduate credential are doing so at a Minnesota State college or university
- 84.5% of Minnesota State students take jobs in a related field of study
- We have 7,000+ employer partnerships across Minnesota State colleges and universities
- Minnesota State contributes over $8.4 billion to the state’s economy
The core commitments of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are to ensure access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans, be the partner of choice to meet Minnesota’s workforce and community needs, and deliver to students, employers, communities and taxpayers the highest value/most affordable higher education option.
It is the core value of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to provide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities play an essential role in growing Minnesota’s economy and opening the doors of educational opportunity to all Minnesotans. To that end, we will:Ensure access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans
Our faculty and staff will provide the best education available in Minnesota, preparing graduates to lead in every sector of Minnesota’s economy. We will continue to be the place of opportunity, making education accessible to all Minnesotans who seek a college, technical or university education; those who want to update their skills; and those who need to prepare for new careers.
Be the partner of choice to meet Minnesota’s workforce and community needs
Our colleges and universities will be the partner of choice for businesses and communities across Minnesota to help them solve real-world problems and keep Minnesotans at the leading edge of their professions.Our faculty and staff will enable Minnesota to meet its need for a substantially better educated workforce by increasing the number of Minnesotans who complete certificates, diplomas and degrees.
Deliver to students, employers, communities and taxpayers the highest value / most affordable option
Our colleges and universities will deliver the highest value to students, employers, communities and taxpayers. We will be the highest value / most affordable higher education option.