Information for new and prospective employees
Minnesota State is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing talented employees who serve our 300,000+ students each year throughout the state. We have a vibrant and diverse system of 33 colleges and universities with 15,300+ dedicated faculty and staff focused on student success.
If you are interested in working at Minnesota State, we welcome you to review the current opportunities below, as well as information regarding compensation and benefits, professional development, and employee and labor relations.
Minnesota State is an equal opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States.
President of Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College seeks a president who will honor the history of the tribal and community college while focusing on growing and advancing the mission of the college. Learn more on the Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College presidential search webpage or the president’s search profile.
President of Riverland Community College
Riverland Community College seeks a president who will lead with enthusiasm, transparency, visibility, and collaboration. Learn more on the Riverland website presidential search page or the president’s search profile.
Check back often for executive opportunities.
Board of Trustees Policies
- Laws: MS 136F.40 Appointment of Personnel, Subd. 2
- Minnesota State is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
Search current job openings.
Minnesota State listings
Current career opportunities for faculty, staff, and administration at the colleges, universities, and system office of Minnesota State.
State of Minnesota (MMB) listings
Current job opportunities throughout all State of Minnesota agencies (e.g., MnIT, Mn/DOT, Minnesota State, The University of Minnesota, etc.).
College faculty credentialing search
Find credential fields with their associated minimum qualifications. A credential field, assigned field or license field means a defined area of knowledge and skill that is specifically related to a program, service, or academic discipline, and for which system-established minimum qualifications have been created. Assigned fields are associated with faculty positions formerly governed by the Minnesota Community College Faculty Association bargaining agreement and license fields are associated with faculty positions formerly governed by the United Technical College Educators bargaining agreement.
Please direct questions about employment opportunities to the Human Resources contacts listed with each position announcement.
The following are various positions currently available at the Minnesota State system office.
System Office Vacancies
Please apply for classified positions at: State of Minnesota (MMB) careers website
- Information Mgmt Srvs Div Dir / Director of Microsoft 365 Services
Job Posting: 63715; Close Date: 3/24/23
- State Program Admin, Coordinator - Project Manager, Executive Cabinet Initiatives
Job Posting: 63923; Close Date: 4/13/23
- ITS4 / Project Manager (Limited)
Job Posting: 64074; Close Date: 3/29/23
- ITS4 / IAM Operations Specialist
Job Posting: 64161; Close Date: 4/4/23
- Information Systems Manager / Information Systems Manager, Data
Job Posting: 64202; Close Date: 4/21/23
Please apply for Administrator/MnSCU Academic Professional Positions at: PeopleAdmin
- Admin 6 - Assistant Director of Labor Relations
Job Posting: SO130P; Close Date:3/28/23
- Admin 8 - Assistant General Counsel
Job Posting: SO129P; Close Date:4/6/23
All postings close at 11:59 pm on their closing dates.
Please contact Shawna Tienter (or by phone 651-201-1845) with any questions.
View the published 2022-2024 Minnesota State System Office Affirmative Action report.
- Alexandria Technical & Community College
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Anoka Technical College
- Bemidji State University
- Central Lakes College
- Century College
- Dakota County Technical College
- Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College
- Hennepin Technical College
- Inver Hills Community College
- Lake Superior College
- Metropolitan State University
- Minneapolis Community & Technical College
- Minnesota North College
- Minnesota State College - Southeast
- Minnesota State Community & Technical College
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Minnesota West Community & Technical College
- Normandale Community College
- North Hennepin Community College
- Northland Community & Technical College
- Northwest Technical College
- Pine Technical & Community College
- Ridgewater College
- Riverland Community College
- Rochester Community and Technical College
- St. Cloud State University
- St. Cloud Technical & Community College
- Saint Paul College
- South Central College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Winona State University