Teaching English as a Second Language
- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Graduate Certificate
- Credits: 30
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The graduate certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language: Licensure Emphasis prepares participants to teach English as a second language to K-12 learners in the U.S. school system. This certificate is designed for teachers who already hold a U.S. K-12 teaching license in another licensure area and who want to add the ability to teach English language learners. Coursework develops candidates' knowledge of how language operates with primary emphasis on the English language and the skills required to teach it effectively to adult language learners. Some of the courses for the certificate are available online.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002