- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Communications Disorders Department provides a program for a major in communication disorders, pre-professional preparation in speech-language pathology or audiology, and supportive coursework for majors from other departments with interest in human communication or its disorders. The beginning courses concern the normal aspects of speech, language and hearing-its nature and development, as well as introducing the student to the disorders of speech, language and hearing. Advanced courses are devoted to specific classes of disorders in terms of their nature and treatment. The undergraduate training culminates with supervised practicum experiences in which the student works with people who have communication disorders. The Communication Disorders program is accredited by the council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech Language-Hearing Association.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002