- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
- Financial Planning and Insurance, Credits: 15
- Institutional Finance, Credits: 15
- Corporate Finance, Credits: 15
- Investment Analysis, Credits: 15
- General Finance, Credits: 15
About this Program
The objective of the department is to prepare students for entry-level positions in finance, insurance or real estate. Six areas of emphasis are available within this major. The undergraduate finance program deals with the theory, organization and operations of the financial system from both the social and managerial perspectives. Students are expected to develop expertise in making organizational and personal judgments and decisions involving financial data. Additionally, students present their analyses in both written and oral form. Students may select and complete one or more of the following emphases: Corporate Finance, Institutional Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, Financial Planning, Investment Analysis.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002