Social Studies Teaching
- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
- Economics, Credits: 15
- Geography, Credits: 15
- Anthropology, Credits: 15
- Political Science, Credits: 15
- History, Credits: 15
- Psychology, Credits: 15
- Sociology, Credits: 15
About this Program
Minnesota State University, Mankato offers a challenging program designed to prepare students for teaching secondary social studies. The program draws upon faculty from nine academic departments (anthropology, economics, ethnic studies, geography, history, political science, psychology, sociology, women's studies) and works with these departments and the College of Education to promote effective teaching practice for future and in-service teachers. Many opportunities are given to students to observe and practice social studies teaching in a secondary school setting.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002