Teaching English as a Second Language
- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Graduate Certificate
- Credits: 24
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The graduate certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language prepares candidates for careers in teaching English as a second or foreign language to adult learners in U.S. and international contexts, including two- and four-year institutions, government and non-government organizations, and private enterprises. Coursework develops candidates' knowledge of how language operates with primary emphasis on the English language and the skills required to teach it effectively to adult language learners. Some of the courses for the certificate are available online.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002