Geographic Information Science (GISc)
- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Graduate Certificate
- Credits: 18
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Geography department at MSU provides a professional geographic information science (GISc). The importance of professional competency has become a major concern within the GIS community. The courses in the GISc certificate introduce the main concepts and basic principles of geographic information systems and their use in spatial analysis and, information management. They also provide a background in GIS-based spatial analysis approaches along with their capabilities, uses, and limitations. GISc certificates are available at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002