American Indigenous Studies
- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
American Indigenous Studies provides an interdisciplinary and broad understanding of American Indians, especially the Dakota, and their respective ways of life in the past, present, and future. AIS welcomes all students Native and non-Native to pursue knowledge of American Indian cultures, languages, histories, politics, media, and other topics. The AIS program will prepare students to pursue graduate studies and careers located in tribal communities or in ethnically diverse settings. Furthermore, by incorporating Indigenous perspectives into the curriculum, AIS facilitates a space whereby American Indian worldviews will be an enduring and integral part of the diverse intellectual atmosphere at the University.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002