- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Minnesota State Mankato Dance Program offers students degree options that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Students learn about the depth and breadth of dance as they practice their art form in multiple arenas. The curriculum is designed to balance students� artistic experiences with practical applications in order to better prepare them to enter the dance world upon graduation. Students receive a comprehensive education that readies them for a lifetime in dance, including: teaching, performing, bodywork, choreographing, dance therapy, writing, dance, technology, and dance production. Through an audition and adjudication process, students have many opportunities to present their choreographic work and/or perform in four concerts each year. Students can also audition to perform in musical theatre productions. Whatever their chosen path in dance, students emerge from the Minnesota State Mankato Dance Program with multiple skills, and the ability to think critically and act globally as emerging dance artists.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002